No matter what people will tell you, moving is always such a hassle. Not only is it expensive and time-consuming, but it almost always comes with a great deal of stress to everyone involved. So why not let us help you relieve at least a part of those moving to Beverly Hills jitters (and even make some money in the process). You might wonder how that’s possible. Well, put on a cup of Joe’s and let’s get right down to it.
Affordable moving to Beverly Hills
Sell the stuff you don’t need to boost your moving budget
First rule of moving is to get rid of the things you rarely or never use. Now, for those who have a little emotional hoarder inside them, this might prove quite challenging. So to make it easier, let’s go with the “2-year-passed” rule. Basically, if you haven’t used it in two years, you don’t need it.
Once you’ve decided on the redundant stuff, time to make disposing of them practical and profitable. How? Easy enough. Put them on sale online or get some friends and pull together a garage sale. Make a day out of it. This way you’ll be accomplishing several things:
- First off, you will earn some money which you can put into your moving budget. This will reduce the entire moving cost.
- Second, you’ll have fewer things to transport. It’s simple math really – fewer things means fewer boxes > fewer boxes means less weight > less weight equals lower prices for the mover company you go with. So again, you end up saving money as well as time.
- Last but by no means least – making a fun day with family and friends out of it. It gets your stress down to a minimum. You can’t put a price on that.
Be prepared to do the grunt work yourself
We highly recommend that you hire an experienced and skilled company when moving to Beverly Hills. The reasoning is simple really. You get the minimum amount of risk and damage with the maximum guarantee of safe and precise transportation. Moving companies residing in Beverly Hills already possess the experience in regards to logistics and handling. They know the terrain well and hiring any of them gives you a piece of mind when it comes to the safety of your stuff.
And even in this step, there is a way for you to save money. Just as the movers know how to handle their part of the job, you possess knowledge of your possessions and are more than qualified to pack them up by yourself. A simple enough task which ends up reducing costs of moving to Beverly Hills.
So get involved by gathering packing supplies and watching a few tutorials on how to disassemble furniture, and then pack it all up in the most efficient and space-saving manner. The best part is – even if a certain piece of furniture gives you trouble, you can always consult with or leave it to the professional Beverly Hills mover you plan on hiring, since by then you would have already reduces the packing costs to a minimum.
Packing might be a simple enough task, but you still need the right material for it
Supplies needed for packing are meant to be used just once, but if you had the chance to move in the past, you know that most packing supplies can be recycled for several uses. A good starting point then would be to check with friends if they can spare some packing supplies. And if no such friends are available,there is no need to worry. There is a variety of places to collect them from, and even purchase them from (seeing as that they cost the minimal amount of money).
So here’s a short list of packing supplies you will need for moving:
- Boxes – the dimensions of which will vary depending on the items you are packing. No need to pack a lamp into a box meant for a dish-washer, no is there?
- Duck-tape – never doubt the usefulness of duck-tape, or any tape for that matter. Moving to Beverly Hills can be full up ups and downs, so make sure that none of the items escape their boxes.
- Wrapping paper – a lot of items will need to be properly wrapped. And you’ll need papers of different sizes depending on the item you’re wrapping.
- Nylon – simply a must when packing furniture as it keeps everything clean and offers protection from scratches and dents.
- Blankets and covers – you’ll need to fill out the spaces between the boxes and even the items inside the boxes to prevent breakage. Blankets offer a good deal of protection, and they keep things clean.
- Markers – never underestimate the importance of marking each box or furniture part. This way you don’t lose yourself afterwards when you are trying to find specific items or re-assemble furniture.
A parting piece of advice on how to pick the best Beverly Hills mover for you
Now that you’re all packed and ready to go, one final step remains. You have to pick the ideal moving company. As we previously mentioned, moving to Beverly Hills is not an easy task. And that is why selecting the ideal mover is important. And in case you’re not sure what to look for, we’re here to offer some pointers:
Do your research. Browse the web, ask friends for recommendations or even better yet, reach out to us.
Gather all offers and make a cross-comparison. Inquire about the services and prices each company offers and make a list. Criteria might include an overall cost estimate, time frame, extra costs and credentials. Then choose your top three from that list and have each make a home visit to negotiate the terms. Once everything is out in the open, have them make a binding offer.
Do a background-check. Fraud is everywhere nowadays, but so are reviews and comments from previous customers.
Make the choice. Find a middle point between reliability and optimal cost. This way you ensure the safety of your items being moved, whilst keeping within affordable borders.