Imagine the following scenario – you’re having your morning coffee and are getting mentally ready for work. Next thing you know, you start thinking about changing your job. But hey, why stop there – why not change your location and start all over. And why not settle down in the best place possible – Beverly Hills. Always sunny, lots of potential, potentially profitable – what more can you ask for? The only thing is that you need to consider the obligation that is re-locating. And the very first step on that journey would be finding and hiring the ideal moving company. And in case you are lost in how t go about doing this, let us guide you.
A short tutorial on selecting the best possible moving company for Beverly Hills
First step – make a top-ten-list of suitable moving companies
The point here is the more you know the better. Every search begins with a lot of background research, and so we advise following that principle. And the best thing is that considering the modern environment we now have at our disposal, you can go about doing this in several ways:
- Get first-hand recommendations. It never hurts to go about asking friends and family members for advice. It’s always a safer bet when you have a company someone you know can vouch for than hiring a brand new company you know nothing about.
- Taking your search online. The Web is considered the widest database of information today – so it’s only logical that you focus your search using it as a tool. In addition to the amount of information you can find, you can also find feedback and reviews from other clients. And this is a key factor most of the times, given that these are all people that you can now relate to.
- If everything else fails, there are always real-estate agencies. Considering that you will most likely be hiring them to find you that ideal apartment, why not inquire about a moving company along the way. Yes, they most likely have a contract with certain moving companies, but that might even get you a discount.
Second step – narrowing down the choices
This would be the point when you have a list of 5-10 moving companies in front of you. So you might be wondering how to go about scratching some of them off. Well, it’s quite simple really:
- Do a background check on each moving company on your list.
Present market being what it is, the competition is large and frauds lurk everywhere. So what you should always do is visit the website (if one exists) and confirm the license and validity of the company.
- Next thing would be checking any reviews or comments on that same website. If none are available, something is off. The company in question is either relatively young or inexperienced or is hiding something. Whatever the case, the points here remains the same – as long as they have posts, they are worth considering.
- Verify whether any complaints have been filed with the Better Business Bureau regarding the company in question.
Step #3 – negotiation the terms of the services offered
Now that you’ve written off the geckos and potential frauds, time to get down to business. If you’ve moved before, you have some idea what to expect from a moving company. If this is not the scenario, then you need to consider the following criteria:
- Overall cost estimate for the services being offered. Most companies have a fixed price list for the services they offer, and you can use this to get a general idea of the charge for your move.
- Insurance of the possessions being moved. No matter how big or renown the company, it is always important to have insurance. After all, we are talking about you valued possessions here, so all steps need to be taken to ensure the safety of those same items.
- Additional fees. Go through the contract offered to you and make sure that there are no additional costs to surprise you. In most cases, these would be determined by weight, size or accessibility so pay close attention to those factors.
- The trend of hiring subcontractors. In case you plan on dealing with a larger moving company, this is something you need to consider. In case the company does use subcontractors, you need to make sure that they check out as well – license-wise.
- Promotional deals. It never hurts to check whether the company offers any special offers that might end costing you less. It’s simple math and logic really.
Fourth and final step – making the actual choice
Now, all of the fore-mentioned factors can be verified via phone, however we would highly recommend taking the time to have one of the company representatives stop by your home to get some face-to-face time. Firstly, this will put a face on the company you are hiring, and secondly – you will get a chance to question everything on the spot in regards to the moving process.
Once all the interviews and house calls have been complete, you should have all you need to make you decision. The final toll should be two or three companies which fill out all the criteria (the less, the better), out of which there can be only one. But just to be sure, go through the information gathered and offers made once again. If needed, put them all down on a piece of paper and do a cross-comparison. After all, we are talking about a delicate process here, and nothing can be left to chance. In any case, we don’t doubt you’ll find the best deal possible and wish you the best of luck with your move to Beverly Hills.