You have lived in Beverly Hills for quite some time, and you got a little tired. You are wondering whether you can still live on a budget in Beverly Hills, there is a lot of tourists, everything is always crowded. Furthermore, you got tired of the constant sun, warm weather and you are looking for something different. And you are looking for something with a moderate climate, lower prices, and snow. You are not ready to give up on beaches but you need a little bit of snow. You looked and looked, and you are not sure what to choose. We would like to recommend to you, North Carolina! Maybe it already crossed your mind, but be sure that you will not regret moving from Beverly Hills to North Carolina.
Moving from Beverly Hills to North Carolina – pros and cons
Maybe you got older, or you have kids now and you are looking what is the best place for you. Beverly Hills has its perks- you have all those stores, parties, and celebrities. But if you have kids – well, you need something more affordable and better for your kids. North Carolina has a great education system; they have a lot of top universities. Also, it is much more family friendly. You will have to give up fancy restaurants, but you will get a balanced life. Moving from Beverly Hills to North Carolina might sound crazy, but it will definitely change your life!
It is hard to start the moving process when you are new to this. You need to find a moving company that can provide all the services you need for moving to North Carolina. For example, if they can help you pack up, offer you insurance. You will need a lot of boxes, wrapping paper, bubble wrap and someone to give you advice on how to go through the moving process as easy as possible. And, we are here to offer you a simple guide for beginners.
Before you start the moving process, you need to go through the preparation process. So, some of the main things you need to do before packing:
- You need to update all of your personal information – the change of address for your credit card for example. You need to check with utility company about switching since not all of them can do that in a day.
- Make categories. Sort out your books, shoes, clothes. Everything. Label them and make your move much easier.
- Find boxes. You can get some free boxes from moving company and you can buy them. But you can also find boxes in liquor stores, stores and similar. You can check if you maybe still have the original boxes for your electronics.
- Prepare an extra set of packing and moving supplies. Packing tape, bubble wrap, scissors etc.
- Think about measurements. Measure your furniture and check can it fit your new place. Also goes for all of the pictures and similar. Something that fits perfectly in your current home doesn’t have to fit in your new home.
- Choose a good and reliable moving company that will make this transition much easier. You need to find a company that is reliable. You need professionals that have a lot of experience in moving. We recommend movingkingsnc.com since they are very good at their job. They are from North Carolina and they can maybe even provide some tips for living there. Moreover, they can help you and guide you through this process without stress.
So, when you are done preparing everything for the move, then we come to the hard part. Packing. We say hard because you might have to give up on some things since you will not be able to bring them with you. If you are not ready to give up on some things and you want to keep them you can check with your moving company can they provide with a safe place to store your items? A lot of moving companies actually offer these services. Storing your items is a temporary solution or may be permanent. That depends on you. You need to measure your items and choose a proper storage unit. Moving from Beverly Hills to North Carolina can be stressful because of this. But you are making your dream come true and creating your new home. So just relax and dive in!
Tips and tricks for easy packing
There are some things that you can do to make packing much easier. First, you need to get your sorted things and pack them properly. If you are packing something fragile, use enough bubble wrap. Pack heavy items in smaller boxes, since that way you will avoid the risk of having a heavy box to lift. Also, important thing is – labeling. If you label your boxes properly, it will be much easier to unpack them. It would be great if you can create a system with numbers and that way you will keep track of every item you have.
Today, you even have apps that can help you to pack and memorize everything. So labeling shouldn’t be that hard. One good advice is also to pack the essential items last and make a special box. Special box means that you will pack some essentials things like linen, towels, pillow and similar, and that box will be the last one packed and the first one opened. That way you will be able to feel comfy in your new home on the very first day.
If you are not sure about connecting cables and your electronics – you can take a picture and once you move in you can connect everything correctly. Also, you should make copies of your important documents. And you should stop buying groceries a week prior to moving. Moving from Beverly Hills to North Carolina can take time, so you can choose canned food or take out.
Once you are done with preparing and packing for moving from Beverly Hills to North Carolina the moving part comes. Now is the time when you say goodbye to your neighbors and the city, maybe visit your favorite restaurant for the last time. You probably have chosen a good and reliable company, so now actually comes the easy part. If you followed our pieces of advice and labeled everything correctly, they will be able to move you out really fast. You can also check with them can they assemble furniture once they start moving you in. They can do it fast and move your boxes to the correct rooms. And you can enjoy the sunset and prepare for the winter in North Carolina, and a new chapter in your life.