Changing the apartment in the same neighborhood take some effort. Moving to another part of the town is much more difficult. But relocation to another part of the country? That is a big challenge that requires a lot of planning.
If you are moving from New York City to the Beverly Hills you have a big adventure on your hands.
It will be a stressful experience – no doubt about that – but you can take some steps to make it easier. In that way, you can make moving from New York to the sunny cost an exciting experience.
Relocation from New York to California
Relocating from the east coast to west coast is a challenging task. You may think that you can do everything alone. Of course, in theory, you can. But in practice, it means a lot of unnecessary stress. There are many potential problems, so the best thing that you can do for yourself is to hire a professional.
They know exactly what to do to, and they will help you immensely. Hiring the perfect moving company to pack, move, and unpack all of your belongings will make the transition to go smoothly.
Besides, as they do the heavy lifting, you can focus on other things that your moving from New York requires.
Before you move:
- Plan your move – when it comes to interstate relocation, you must have a clear vision and a schedule for everything that has to be done. So you don’t forget anything, put it in writing, preferably in the form of a to-do list, with dates that are important for your moving New York to Beverly Hills.
- Get your affairs in order – before you move, notify important persons in your life about your plan. Contact your bank, phone company, settle all the bills for utilities.
Transfer everything that you can from New York to California.
- Find a new home in Beverly Hills – before you start packing, you have to choose your new home. Good realtor on the spot can find you the one that checks all your requirements.
You can choose your new place to live online, but if you have the chance, go and see it in person.
That way, you will feel the neighborhood, see for yourself is it safe and are the photos accurately present the place that you are interested in.
- Choose what you want to bring – moving company will help you pack your things, but you have to decide what you want to bring to your new home.
Moving can be a perfect way to get rid of some things that you don’t need and never use. That way, you will cut your transportations fees, and even make some money if you decide to sell some of your stuff.
What to expect
After you’ve made a plan for your moving from New York to Beverly Hills and found a new place, it’s time for a little research. Remember, Beverly Hills is very different than Big Apple.
New York is a hip, modern town that is a most diverse city in the United State. It is the city that never sleeps, with the abundance of historical heritage, cultural centers, art exhibitions and many bars and restaurants.
Beverly Hills is a polish, glamourous more flashier version of it. Gorgeous mansions, expensive cars, exclusive boutiques, and restaurants.
Even though is more luxurious at the first glance, Beverly Hills, in fact, isn’t more expensive than New York. Costs of living in both cities are higher than in the other US towns, but what you get for your money in Beverly Hills is just more than the East Coast alternative.
You will find excellent and interesting restaurants in both cities, and the nightlife is equally good.
Beverly Hills has a Rodeo drive and it is an absolute winner compared to New York when it comes to fashion.
Weather in Beverly Hills is nice, with many sunny days. Hamptons can’t even compete with LA beaches that are famous in the world.
Least, but not last, life in Beverly Hills is much peaceful and slower than in the NY. Here you can easily meet your new neighbors and make a connection with them. People are friendlier, warmer and exceptive than New Yorkers.
What to do after you finish moving from New York to Beverly Hills
If this is the first time that you are moving from New York, this may be a very emotional experience for you.
After you settle down and unpack your stuff, you may feel the moving depression and nostalgy for your former home and city. The best way to avoid that is to keep yourself busy.
New York is an amazing city, and it’s hard to fill up its shoes, but Beverly Hills is also pretty awesome itself. So make a checklist of all the things you can do in Beverly Hills and start to explore the city.
Here are some things that can keep you occupied:
- Shopping – there is no better way to lift your mood than shopping. Beverly Hills is a great place for a shopping spree. Check out the famous Rodeo Drive, Beverly, Robertson Boulevard or Original Farmers’ Market. You will forget your worries in no time.
- Celebrities sightseeing – It is very common to bump into your favorite actress while walking in Beverly Hills. There are some places that you will surely see celebrities, and the celebrities house tours are also very interesting.
- Nightlife – the best way to meet new people and to see some city is if you visit it at night. Beverly Hills has a lot of fun clubs, bars, restaurants. Check the best Beverly Hills clubs for newcomers, and you will feel just like you are a local.
- Culture – although glamour and celebrities are important for Beverly Hils, it’s not the only thing that it can offer. This city has a rich cultural scene, with many museums and theaters. It’s not Broadway, but there are still excellent plays that you can watch and interesting art exhibitions that you can visit.