There’s always been an argument why the East Coast or the West Coast is better. We won’t participate those kinds of disputations. But we will try to help those people who decide to make a West-East Coast move. Given that moving from the West Coast to the East Coast is a relocation from one part of the country to completely another, it’s quite a demanding venture. Therefore, we suggest you never try to conduct it only by yourself. Find the interstate moving professionals to help you do it properly. Never mind if you’re planning a residential move, or you’re moving your office to NY from California. There are several things to consider and to prepare for when moving from the West Coast to the East Coast. Read on and learn more!
Cross-country move: How to prepare for it?
To properly prepare for such a long-distance relocation as moving from Beverly Hills to Brooklyn for example, you must take care of several things. Some of them you must pay attention to even before you make your final decision that you’re moving to the East Coast from the West Coast. Here are three aspects of your relocation we suggest you consider before your moving day:
- Psychological aspect- Are you prepared to relocate to the very East of the USA?
- Technical aspect- The things you need to do before your moving day.
- Moving aspect- How to properly prepare for and conduct the moving from the West Coast to the East Coast?
The aspect of psychology: Have you thought through all the facts regarding your move?
The relocation from the hot LA to the cold NYC might be depressing for some of you. You must know that in Los Angeles, the winters are very mild, and you rarely see the snow. On the other hand, in NYC, snowstorms are a common thing. Besides this, the way of life in New York is completely different from the one in California. Ask the people who took this kind of move and you’ll get the picture what I’m talking about. The life in New York City is much faster, and you rarely have time for anything during working days. Back in Los Angeles, you probably got used to having a good time and a night out, no matter what day it is. All of this needs to be thought-over before you make your final decision about the move from the west to the east.
After the decision that you’re moving from the West Coast to the East Coast, make sure you take care of the technical aspects
What does this mean? It means to do everything that needs to be done before you relocate to NYC. The things such as notifying your boss that you’re moving, finding a new job on the East Coast, cancelling the gas, the internet and the electricity supplies (unless you agreed differently with your landlord), changing the address, taking care of your car registration, getting your medical and dental records, consulting your doctor regarding the medicals, picking the school for your children etc. This is what your moving company can help you with.
The moving professionals are experienced in long-distance moves. They know everything that needs to be done before your relocation. So, after you find your movers (and we’ll discuss this in the next paragraph) make sure you sit down and create a moving plan together with them. The moving plan shall be your guide with the schedule of what needs to be done and when it should be done. This way you’ll never forget to do anything. This is essential when moving thousands of miles away from your former home.
The aspect of the relocation- How to conduct your move?
We put the most important aspect at the very end of the article. The simple reason for this is that there’s no relocation until you solve all the previous issues. But all of these aspects overlap. it means that you need to take care of all the aspects all the time. For example, as we mentioned in the paragraph above, you need to find the movers and then consult them regarding the moving plan. And the moving plan helps you solve all the problems prior to your relocation to the East Coast.
Now, about finding the movers for your long distance move. We suggest you find NYC long distance movers, and make sure they own New York City warehouse facilities, given that they know the city well. Of course, we took NYC as an example. If moving to another city on the East, find the movers from that city. Why did we suggest that you seek only for movers owning storage facilities? Just in case you need a storage, you wouldn’t have to look for it separately, but you could have that kind of a problem solved in advance!
How should you seek for your long distance movers? here are a few tips:
- Look only for licensed, experienced, and reputable movers. Trust your valuables and your family relocation only in hands of movers you can trust. The best way to find this kind of movers is to ask your family and friends to recommend you one.
- Make sure the service quality is high enough. The West Coast- East Coast move is a very lengthy and difficult one. You want your family uninjured, and your items undamaged after you relocate.
- Beware of moving frauds. They are all around you, so look for any red flag that might appear, and never risk the relocation even if there’s the slightest risk involved.
- Read the reviews and check how the previous customers are satisfied with the services. This is an easy way to check all of the previous long-distance mover’s qualities. The reviews can warn you if the company has no license, no experience, the services of insufficient quality and if there are the signs of a moving fraud. Hence, reading the reviews can help a lot with hiring the right moving company.