The decision to move can be a huge step forward. However, it can also be a demanding commitment – searching for the right mover companies, reading through the comments and reviews, planning out the packing and unpacking, finding that new Beverly Hills place… All in all, you lose a lot of time and nerves, causing a huge amount of unwanted stress.
Since you’ve gone and chosen Beverly Hills as your new residence, why not start walking that life-style. Instead of stressing and worrying over every detail about your move, just take it step by step like a boss. And if you’re willing to put your confidence in our hands, we might be able to help you with this short article. This is what you would call stress-relief through reading and understanding.
Tips on how to take stress out of the equation that is moving
Come to terms with your decision to make the next step in your life
Other than being an over-whelming process, moving can also be quite frightening. After all, you are going to a completely new place to start all over or transition to that next step. So the important thing to do is take a deep breath and prepare mentally. We know what you must be thinking – easier said than done. But it really is quite easy once you know what to focus on. As long as you put all the good sides of the deal in front of the bad ones, you’ll be all set.
Simply consider what a positive influence Beverly Hills can have on you. After all, it is a prestigious environment and as such, opportunities can be found around each corner. Given that it is a popular destination, you will get the chance to meet a whole lot of people, and the more contacts you make, the easier you’ll settle in. In addition to that, if you are moving in search of new business endeavors, new acquaintances are only a plus.
Sit down and make a solid moving plan well ahead of time
Planning is half the task when the goal is moving. So if you are looking to reduce stress, you need to consider taking out the necessary time to plan out the entire moving process. And in case you are clueless as to where to begin, here are some key checkpoints for you:
- Find your new Beverly Hills home before all else. Moving by definition is transporting your stuff from point A to point B. Knowing that, the first and most important step is that you secure that point B. So get down to searching for that new apartment and securing it.
- Procure the services of a reliable moving company for your move. Given that you are moving to a high-standard environment, it would be in your interest to save money wherever you can. It would however also be in your interest to make sure that your possessions are moved safely and without damage. So prepare for some research work – comb through the Web, ask around and look into local moving companies. Get some additional reviews, make some phone inquiries and schedule face-to-face meets with the representatives. The more reliable the mover, the more at ease you will be.
- Plan out your packing ahead of time. Give yourself two or even three weeks before the actual move to begin packing everything up. Consider that there are a lot of things and that leaving everything for the last minute will only complicate things, and you do not want that. This was you won’t even fill the process and your stress will be at a minimum.
Get rid of any existing stress through de-cluttering
Given how much of a hassle packing might be, why not turn the tables and make it fun. Once you separate the stuff you no longer need, there will lots of ways to minimize stress:
- In case you are planning a yard sale, taking photos of the stuff and promoting them can be quite interesting. Call some friends and make a day out of it.
- If a yard sale is not in your venue, how about charging on positive energy through donation. There are always less fortunate people out there that could use some of the things that you no longer need.
Also, don’t forget that you have a whole lot of food and drinks that need to get consumed before you move out, since you won’t be taking them with you (other than the good and pricey stuff). So why not make a get-together with friends and neighbors. Make some cocktails, experiment with the food you have and make some parting memories. There will be laughs, there might even be a couple of tears, but most importantly, happiness is guaranteed.
Post-move jitters and how to get rid of them
Quite simply put, there is an emotional journey that you will undertake after the move has been complete. There’s the saying your farewells part, the self-doubt of your decision to move in the first place and finally – moving in and accepting the new step in your life.
Focusing on the third phase – you need to realize how to go about making a new beginning. And there are several ways to go about doing that:
- Make introductions with neighbors. Nothing like new friends to help you blend into your new surroundings. It also helps to have someone to count on in case of emergencies. And you will get some insight into what the neighborhood has to offer.
- Go out for a walk and explore. Prestigious that it is – Beverly Hills can be quite interesting to explore, so why go out on an adventure. You might be surprised by what and who you find.
- See the full potential that is in front of you. No matter the reason for you decision to move, the important thing is to remain positive. Things have a way of working themselves out, and in time, everything fits right in where it’s supposed to. So put on those sunglasses, go out and seize the day!