What are the pros of moving from CA to FL and why should you consider this option? How much it will cost you to move to another state and what to expect after moving there?
We have some of the answers. Of course, FL has a lot of different cities, so, consider the best places in Florida to move to and explore it. What that city has to offer you and what is lifestyle there.
Benefits of moving to Florida
Why should you move to Florida and what this state has to offer – what are the advantages? By exploring a place in advance, you will know what to expect and also you will adjust faster after moving.
- Lower taxes – Florida has no income taxes and other taxes are lower than they are in California. For example, sales tax is at 8% in CA while in Florida is 6%.
- Affordable costs of living – besides taxes, another benefit of moving from CA to FL is lower costs of living including housing, transportation costs, utilities, groceries, etc. It is one of the most affordable states, after all. Many people are moving there for this reason.
- Education – education in FL is great and schools are highly-rated. The education system is unique and the highest AP test score in the last few years in the USA.
- Better for retirees – many retirees after moving to Florida after retirement because it is cheaper, the weather is nice, and it has a lot of senior communities.
- Landscape – yes, California is beautiful but Florida has the access to the Gulf of Mexico, the Atlantic Ocean, and some of the most beautiful beaches are located here in FL.
When moving to FL, moving your items is part of the process. Many people are renting a temporary storage facility to keep their belongings safe. Renting a unit is a great solution until you find a proper home in FL for you.
Costs of moving from CA to FL
The costs of moving from CA to FL depend on many different factors and one of the main is the size and weight of your move. It is not the same if you are moving a studio apartment or a 3 bedroom house. The average cost of this cross country relocation is around $4k. If this is too expensive for you, there are always ways to cuts some of the moving costs. Search for moving companies and find the best one for your upcoming relocation such as New Leaf Moving Group. Also, consider the costs of renting a new house in Florida and paying other bills too. Choose a place in FL and organize your relocation like a pro.