Moving long-distance is a big challenge in life, especially when moving cross country. One of the things to consider is finding a new place. If you are moving from California to New Jersey as a renter, where to look for housing, and how to move all your items safely to a new apartment in New Jersey? These two states are located on opposite sides of the country. Transporting all household items won’t be easy. But, step by step, you will organize the entire relocation like a pro.
Pros of moving to New Jersey
What are the reasons for leaving California for New Jersey and why people are moving to NJ to start a new life? NJ is often underestimated state, but it has a lot to offer to its residents and tourists as well. Here are some of the advantages of moving to New Jersey for good.
- A great education system is very important if you are moving with kids. This state has the best schools for kids in the USA and students’ test scores are high. 91% of high school seniors receive their diplomas, which is 3% higher than the national average. Colleges are also highly rated.
- When it comes to healthcare, New Jersey is high on the list. Hospitals have all the equipment and educated staff and you can get convenient access to quality care, anytime.
- Entertainment options are endless. Theaters, museums, galleries, restaurants, bars, and if you want to try something different, NYC is not far away. You cannot be bored in New Jersey with all those fun activities you can try.
- Besides fun places you may visit, recreational opportunities are there as well. First of all, the weather will give you a chance to experience all 4 seasons in 1 year. Snowy winters and hot summers. This way you can ski during the winter months, and relax on the beach during summer. The coastline is amazing and you should visit Cape May and Ocean City. Also, try hiking, camping, fishing, swimming, riding a bike, golfing, etc.
- If you are moving with kids, New Jersey has a lot of family-friendly towns where you can move and raise kids. Before moving from California to New Jersey as a renter, first, choose wisely your home. Pick a city that is safe, and has great public schools and family-friendly amenities.
Moving from California to New Jersey as a renter – choose the right city
Choosing the right location is key when moving, especially if you are a renter. Where to look for housing when moving from California to New Jersey as a renter? NJ has a lot of options – there are cities in New Jersey for Californian film buffs, businessmen, families, or singles.
If you want a small-town feel with a younger population, North Arlington is one of the cities to consider moving to. 52% of residents rent a home and the average rent per month is $1,500. Another advantage is that is only 17 miles from NYC. It is a small suburb but, on the other hand, Big Apple is near and rent is more affordable than it is in Manhattan.
74% of Paterson residents rent a home which makes it perfect for renters like you are now. It is located in Passaic County. For moving here, ask experienced neighbors to help you and organize a relocation with ease when you have professional help by your side.
Cherry Hill is located near Philadelphia and the median rent per month here is $1,600. A lot of people live in Cherry Hill while working in Philly because rent is cheaper. If you are looking to invest money in property, Cherry Hill may be your place.
If you want to live in a bigger city in New Jersey, Newark is one of the choices because it is the biggest city in NJ. The population76 is almost 300,000. The average rent is $1,700 and 76% of people here are renters. Newark-Liberty Airport is located here as well as 2 big train stations. Mostly young professionals live here and the median age is only 38.5.
If you are looking for a place with a lot of entertainment options and to be near New York City at the same time, consider moving to Hoboken. The average rent is higher than in other cities on this list, but it is near Manhattan.
Moving long-distance with professional help
After choosing a city where you will move as a renter, it is time to organize your cross-country relocation. The easiest and safest way to handle this complicated relocation is to hire a professional moving company on amplemoving.com – a company with experience and all the right moving equipment. Moving more than 1,000 miles is not a job for one person without experience, so this is why you should consider asking for help. Research movers online and compare different moving quotes and different services movers offer to their clients.
How to pick a rental home in NJ?
Now, that you know where to move, it is time to know how to choose a rental home in New Jersey and what to pay attention to.
Of course, being a newcomer in New Jersey does not have to be hard and complicated. Take step by step and start with finding your new home.
- Determine your budget and how much money you can spend on the monthly rent. Keep in mind that a landlord will ask for a deposit and also, calculate moving costs.
- Check the property’s condition and search for leaks or any other damages in the house. This way, a landlord won’t charge you for damages you did not do.
- Consider amenities near the rental. Are there schools, parks, shops, restaurants, etc? Which amenities you will look for, depends on your lifestyle.
- Check the safety of the neighborhood.
- Sign a lease before moving in.
To sum up
After moving from California to New Jersey as a renter, decorate your new home and personalize it a little bit. This way you will create a feeling of a cozy and warm home.
Leave a Comment