Moving from coast to coast takes a lot of time. So, we assume that you don’t have time to waste on reading guides. But, this is a quick guide that contains some of the tips that will help you move and adjust after moving from Florida to California. No one says it is going to be easy, but it can be a little bit easier with the right info and help. Goodbye FL, CA here we come!
How to prepare for moving from Florida to California?
To have a smooth relocation to California from Florida, you will need some simple tips. At least, the weather is similar in these two states, so adjusting to climate won’t be a big problem. Choosing between Florida vs California is a big decision to make.
- Choose a city in CA where you want to move. Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Sacramento, etc.
- Find a company that will transport all your household items from FL to CA. Hirings City Movers may be helpful.
- Research homes and set a budget for buying/renting a new home in California. It may be costly than you used to in FL, but you can search for more affordable homes.
- If you are moving with kids to CA, this state has amazing schools and a great education system. Visit a couple of schools before you make a decision.
- Declutter before packing and you will have more affordable relocation to CA. Long-distance moves are very expensive, but there are ways to cut moving costs.
- Obtain the drivers’ license in CA after you move there (within 10 days of moving). Most people drive a car here and if you are moving a car from FL to CA, you have 20 days to register a vehicle.
Things to know about CA before moving there
When leaving Florida and starting over in another state it will take time to adjust to a new place. It is a normal process. If you know what to expect, the process will be shorter and a bit easier.
- Costs of living are one of the differences between FL and CA because they are higher in CA for about 12%. If comparing Miami and LA, rent will be the biggest difference (rent in LA is 24% higher).
- You will probably need a car in California because public transportation in some towns is limited. California’s life is not the same as in Florida.
- CA has the biggest public university system in the USA. If you are moving for education, or you have kids, this is one of the best places.
- The Golden State has amazing nature perfect for outdoor activities, so you won’t miss that.
- People in CA pays more attention to water usage and its conservation.
- Moving from Florida to California will change some of your diet habits and probably you will eat healthier food.
Leave a Comment