Leaving LA for a city in Massachusetts may sound surreal and crazy but when you know what benefits it may offer, almost everyone will do it. From lower costs of living, affordable housing, to beautiful nature. Moving from LA to Northampton area in MA is a long-distance move, which means that you should prepare ASAP. A simple and quick guide may help you move with ease.
Long-distance moving tips
How to handle a move from California to Massachusetts? In front of you is a long process and a lot of things to do.
- To avoid risks of DIY moving, plan ahead and organize your move.
- Get an in-home estimate, it is not enough just to do it online or over the phone when moving from LA to Northampton.
- Downsize and separate items you want to move and to toss.
- If you didn’t find a home in Northampton yet, rent a temporary storage unit to store your household items.
- Label all boxes after packing them. Packing will take you most of the time, and if you can’t pack find a Hampton relocation team that can help.
- If you are able to do so, we recommend moving off-season, during the fall or winter.
- If you are moving to MA for work, moving costs are deductable.
- Explore MA after you move there. Meet your new neighbors and find your new favorite spot in the city.
Hiring a company will make moving from LA to Northampton much easier
Long-distance moves from coast to coast are complex and not simple at all. But there is a simple solution to handle them better. By hiring a reliable moving company, this relocation will be smooth. The only job you will need to do is to make sure that the company is licensed, reliable, insured, and experienced.
One of these long-distance companies is Preferred Movers NH. Ask for a few references, read online reviews, check every detail about the company, and you won’t have to worry about your belongings.
Things to know about Northampton, MA
To know what to expect and to adjust faster, you should research Northampton before moving there from LA. If you have fear of a long-distance move, then make yourself comfortable by learning some facts.
- The population is almost 29,000
- Median earnings are $44,000
- Median family income is $91,500
- Average commute time is 23 minutes
- Average home price is $319,000 and the average rent is $1,100
Places to visit
Northampton, MA has plenty of spots to see. Also, it has restaurants, fairs, festivals, etc. Some of the places and attraction to visit after moving from LA to Northampton are:
- Norwottuck Rail Trail
- Thornes Marketplace
- Historic Northampton
- Academy of Music Theatre
- Michelson Galleries
- Iron Horse Music Hall