Packing is the most dreadful task of relocation. It is usually tiring and overwhelming, and it can be very stressful. When the pressure of time is added to that, it can be really exhausting. Still, while the packing in a hurry never is the picnic in the park, there are some things that can help you cope with it. Follow these tips and make packing much easier.
First and foremost – there is no room for panic
When you realize that you have a time deadline for packing, your first reaction will probably be to start panicking. Try to suppress it. Panic and overthinking will make packing in the hurry the impossible task. You’ll need a clear head and a lot of concentration. The more time that you wast on stressing out about it, the less time you will have to pack.
Whatever the reason for packing in a hurry is, you have to accept it and move on. You can address the matter later when your relocation is over. Now you really don’t have that luxury. You have to plan and organize everything, and for that, you need to think clearly. Think positive and assure yourself that you can do it. Because you really can. It sounds intimidating, but it really isn’t.
Purchase the additional packing service from your movers
The best advice is to find a professional that can help you move when you decide to have your new beginning in Florida. With long distance moving, hiring moving company for your relocation will take a big burden off your shoulders. If you have to pack on a short notice, your movers can help you with that too. Every reliable moving company offers packing services. You don’t have to purchase it from them, but it will save you a lot of time.
Make a packing plan
When it comes to packing in a hurry, the good organization is everything. Don’t avoid making the packing plan just because it takes some time. It is time well spent, and it will help you to finish your packing task much quicker.
You packing plan should contain:
- Packing strategy – You need to have a clear vision of how will you pack. The best strategy is to pack one room at the time. Pack the room with the most stuff first, and then tackle the rest of the rooms. This is a good way to keep motivated and on the set track. Start with packing your kitchen for a move first, as the most difficult task, and you will pack the rest of the rooms much easier.
- Packing schedule – Make a realistic schedule of the time that you will spend on packing each room and try to honor it.
- Make a list of your belongings – Go throw your home and decide which items you want to throw away, sell or donate, and which one you wish to relocate. Make an inventory list of the belongings that you are transporting to your new home. That way, you won’t forget anything.
- Prepare packing supplies – Make a list of all the packing supplies that you need to purchase. Be sure that you have everything from that list before you start packing. It will save you from running to the store to get something that you’ve forgotten to buy.
If in any time you feel like can’t cope with the moving stress and packing in a hurry is making you anxious, think about hiring professional packers. Sure, this is an additional cost, but keeping your mind at ease is worth it.
How to pack your clothes when you are packing in a hurry
You may think that your clothes are the easiest items for your household to pack. That may be try, but you have to keep in mind that there may be some delicate fabrics that can get damaged if you aren’t careful.
Here are some tricks for clothes packing in a hurry:
- Separate delicate fabricks – Go throw your closet and separate silk, satin, cashmere, and other delicate clothes. These clothing items will need more of your attention if you don’t want to damage them.
- Use your clothes as the packing materials – Clothes is great for protecting fragile household items. Wrapping breakables in your clothes will save you some time, but also space.
- Leave it in the closet – The best way for clothes packing in the hurry is to just leave it in the closet and move them with it. Surely, it will make your wardrobe heavier which will increase the total costs of the moving, but it will save you a lot of time and energy. Still, you shouldn’t do this if you are moving on your own. You will be risking serious injuries by lifting such a heavy object.
- Leave it on the hangers – Packing your clothes with the hangers will save you abundant of time. Simple, easy and much less time-consuming. Since the hangers are usually made of plastic, they aren’t very heavy. That means that they wouldn’t significantly increase the total weight of your belongings. Also, it will make an unpacking after moving much more easier.
Ask for help
When you are packing your home in a hurry, the time is of the essence. Cut the packing time in half by asking friends for help. It is a big favor to ask, but much smaller than asking someone to help you with the move. With packing your belongings, there isn’t so much heavy lifting, so you will probably find a helping hand easier.
Still, when you need your business equipment transferred, it is better option to hire professionals. Such items are usually very expensive, so it is better to be handled by someone with experience.
Rent a storage unit
With the last minute relocation, you may find yourself in a need for a storage unit. If your movers don’t offer that option, they still can be very helpful to you. They can give you a good recommendation for the good storage renting companies. It is crucial to find the best Florida facility that will keep your belongings safe. That way you will have so much less to worry about and can fully focus on your relocation.