Plants can improve your entire house, and they are a beautiful decoration. Also, if you grow herbs, you will always have fresh herbs for dishes and drinks. But, which plants to choose for an apartment balcony? How to choose the right ones?
The first factor to consider is the weather. Some plants cannot survive if it is too cold or too hot. Also, some plants do not love the direct sun, while others need to be always on Sun. You should keep in mind that if you want to move garden plants to your new home. If your new home has a balcony, it is an ideal place for plants. But not all plants. This is why you need to know how to pick plants that can survive and also, plats that are decorative. Make your home peace of heaven. Nothing is more relaxing than sitting on a patio or balcony while beautiful flowers are around. But, be prepared to take care of your plants. They need love, attention, and water (food).
Plants to choose for an apartment balcony
We have created a list of the best plants you should have on your balcony unless you are allergic to some of them (or your kids). In that case, just skip that plant and find another one. These beautiful and colorful flowers will definitely improve your living space and decorate it.
- Begonias – they will bloom year after year, so you don’t have to buy new plants every year. Besides flowers, leaves are also nice.
- Petunia – if your balcony has a lot of sun, petunias will love it. Choose different colors and make a mini paradise.
- Chrysanthemums – after roses, chrysanthemums (mums) are the most popular because they come in different colors, pink, white, yellow, orange, etc.
- Pansy – if you live in a place that has a mild temperature, you can grow pansy because they are great for growing in window boxes and pots.
- Fuchsia – they will look great in hanging baskets on your balcony. Because the flowers are drooping, it will look like a chandelier. A natural, colorful chandelier.
- Hydrangea – if your apartment is small, this is a great option. This plant needs a lot of water and sunlight, but it won’t take too much space.
Consider having herbs on your balcony
If you love to cook, then having fresh herbs can be your secret ingredient. They are perfect plants to choose for an apartment balcony and they don’t use a lot of space. Mint, basil, parsley, sage, thyme, oregano, they are all plants you can have in your home. Besides food, you can make amazing cocktails such as mojito drink with fresh mint from your small balcony garden. They are so easy to grow.